The health offices at our Great Hearts Academies are staffed by Health Assistants and Registered Nurses. In the event that the school health professional is not present, trained personnel will be delegated to administer medications and respond to medical emergencies.
- Parents should notify the school nurse of any changes that arise throughout the school year regarding changes of the child’s health status such as: a new diagnosis; new medications given at home; surgery or hospitalizations; fractures or injuries; or communicable diseases in the child or immediate family. If there are any changes to your consent please contact the health office, or fill out our medication consent form.
- The state requires certain communicable diseases to be reported by the school to provide community assistance if necessary.
- Vaccinations: The State of Arizona requires that certain vaccinations be given in order to attend school. Your students immunizations will be monitored yearly for compliance. Below are the Immunization Requirements.
Please see the Family Handbook for important information on our health policies.
- Health Policy COVID-19 Guidelines for Students and Staff
- Great Hearts Medical Information and Consent to Dispense Medications
- Great Hearts Health Services Manual
- Great Hearts Head Lice Policy
- Great Hearts Food Allergy Action Plan
- Great Hearts Asthma Management Plan
- Migraine Healthcare Plan
- Seizure Action Plan